Springfield Personal Injury Lawyers Seek Payment for Negligence Victims
Accomplished New Jersey attorneys work to hold defendants accountable
New Jersey is the most densely populated state in the country. That means roads are busy, construction is common and there is a lot of activity in our commercial establishments. With so many people packed into a relatively small area, accidents are bound to occur. When they do, PKM Personal Injury Lawyers in Springfield represent victims in legal matters in order to provide the payment that they deserve and to hold the parties that contributed to these injuries accountable.
Firm advises people hurt in falls, construction accidents and vehicle crashes
Damages that can be awarded in a New Jersey personal injury claim include medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, wages that are lost due to an inability to work, pain and suffering and loss in the enjoyment of life. Our firm is determined to achieve the best possible result for plaintiffs in litigation relating to:
- Car and truck accidents — The aftermath of an auto accident can be nearly as frustrating as the collision itself as you might find yourself being pressured into an unfair resolution that does not fully address your injuries. Our background litigating car and truck crashes helps us anticipate insurance company tactics and advocate for a fair outcome.
- Premises liability claims — If you’ve been hurt after a slip and fall on someone else’s property or because the owner of the premises failed to provide proper security, legal relief might be available. Under New Jersey’s modified comparative negligence standard, you can collect damages even if you are partly responsible for your injury, as long as your share of the fault is no greater than 50 percent. In these cases of shared liability, damage awards are reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to the plaintiff.
- Medical malpractice — We trust doctors, nurses and hospitals with our lives, but sometimes healthcare professionals do not honor their profound responsibility. By thoroughly researching the facts and consulting with expert physicians, our firm develops strong medical malpractice claims.
- Motorcycle accidents — Bikers on busy Garden State roads are sometimes struck by car and truck drivers who aren’t paying proper attention. We assist bikers in these cases, which sometimes involve devastating injuries due to the relative lack of safety features on motorcycles compared to other vehicles on the road.
- Dog bites — When a dog bites someone, its owner is responsible for the ensuing medical bills and perhaps other damages if there was reason to believe the animal was dangerous.
- Construction accidents — One slip-up during a building or repair project might trigger a harmful fall or blunt force injury. We handle construction accidents so that workers and others who are hurt on site can recover without facing undue financial pressure.
You typically only have two years to file a lawsuit against the individual or institution responsible for your injury. Exceptions to the statute of limitations do exist in cases where the harmful negligence is not immediately discoverable and when the victim is a minor. However, acting quickly benefits you by making it easier to locate key evidence and accelerating the date when you could receive your settlement or judgment.
Skillful advocates represent parties in wrongful death actions
Sadly, some instances of negligence aren’t just harmful, but fatal. If the death of a loved one was caused by someone else’s carelessness or willful misconduct, our firm can assist with a claim for appropriate legal relief. These actions are similar to personal injury matters in many ways, with remedies that can include reimbursement for income the deceased victim would have provided throughout the course of their expected lifetime.
Contact an experienced New Jersey injury firm to make an appointment
PKM Personal Injury Lawyers in Springfield advocate for New Jersey injury victims in matters arising from auto accidents, falls and other examples of negligence. Please call 908-677-5012 or contact us online to set up a discussion about your legal options.