Springfield Injury Lawyers Fight for Construction Accident Victims
New Jersey attorneys work to obtain compensation for plaintiffs
Even on a short drive in New Jersey, you’re likely to see at least one construction project. Whether it’s a large-scale development or single-day home repair, these jobs frequently involve strenuous activity, powerful tools and potentially dangerous materials. At PKM Personal Injury Lawyers in Springfield, we represent people who are injured in construction accidents and seeks compensation for their medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering and other damages available under the law. Drawing on more than 20 years of litigation experience, our firm knows how to identify negligent parties and build compelling arguments to maximize the likelihood of a successful outcome for our clients.
Types of accidents that occur frequently on building and repair sites
Our firm assists New Jersey clients who have been hurt in construction-related incidents such as:
- Falls from ladders, scaffolds and high structures — Known as one of the “Fatal Four” types of construction accidents, falls from high positions frequently cause severe injury. Whether the victim was on a ladder, scaffold, cherry picker or a tall structure, we investigate the details thoroughly to see if a failure to take proper precautions led to the fall.
- Burns and electric shocks — Flammable materials, on-site welding and power lines create a serious risk of burns and electric shocks. Our firm assists individuals as they seek justice for the physical damage, pain and changes in appearance they’ve endured.
- Equipment failures — Without warning, defective equipment is capable of triggering serious, or even fatal, harm. Whether the faulty item is a hand tool, a toxic substance or a piece of heavy equipment that fails to work properly, our attorney strives to hold the makers of these defective products accountable.
- Slip and fall incidents — If someone leaves building materials, tools or other items in the wrong place, a construction worker or bystander could slip and injure themselves. Often, potentially liable parties blame each other for harmful carelessness, but we have the ability to review the pertinent facts and find whose negligence resulted in the accident.
- Overexertion injuries — People who work on a construction site frequently engage in strenuous physical activity. Workers who aren’t given the necessary help or equipment might wind up with spinal injury, hernia or another type of medical condition caused by overexertion.
Working with our knowledgeable injury attorney will help you understand your legal options if you’ve been hurt on a construction site. You might be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits, but it’s important to know that if a third party’s negligence played a role in your accident, additional payment could be available, such as compensation for pain and suffering that is not provided through the workers’ comp system. Our firm is committed to maximizing the financial recovery that our New Jersey clients collect following serious construction accidents.
Respected advocates represent construction workers and other laborers
Given the potential danger associated with construction and repair work, New Jersey and the federal government have enacted standards to protect individuals engaged in various trades. Our firm represents a full range of laborers who face a physical risk as part of their workday, including:
- Sheet metal workers
- Cement workers
Whether you’re a union member, someone who works for company or a solo contractor, consulting with our accomplished injury firm will give you the information you need to pursue the legal relief you’re entitled to.
Contact a capable New Jersey construction accident lawyer to set up a meeting
PKM Personal Injury Lawyers in Springfield advocate on behalf of construction workers, other types of laborers and bystanders who are hurt on building and repair sites. Please call 908-677-5012 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.